Wednesday, August 15, 2012

So... What Next - Chapter 9

Chapter 8


I wish I could count the leaves,
That flow with the wind in fall,
Had I got a few tricks up my sleeves,
You would have still answered my call.

"Stop burrowing in your misery. No one will give a damn. Did you call her dad?" My sister asked.

I finished writing the poem, and looked up at her, "It's 9am now. Isn't that too early?"

"Yes. It's very early. Call him after 10 days," she pinched me hard.

She was right, once again. I had to face the situation. Now that I had made up my mind, there was no looking back.

I dialed his dad's number. The caller tone buzzed in my ear, and after a few seconds, I heard his familiar voice on the other side of the line.

"Hello, Pankaj Ray speaking."

"Hi Uncle. How are you?" I replied affably.

"I am doing good. May I know who is this?" He asked courteously.

I stayed silent for a few minutes. "Hello. Are you there?" he asked again.

"Ye.. Yes. Uncle, this is Nitin."

Now it was his turn to be silent.

"What do you want?" he asked coarsely. Strange how knowing someone's identity can change your attitude.

"I just want to meet you Uncle. Please. When can I come? Please uncle," I pleaded madly. I had to meet him to convince him of my love. Sentiments can't be conveyed over wires.

And probably that's why relationships have become shorter nowadays. People fall in love through chats and messages, and try to feel the words through wired and wireless networks. How can you feel the love if you can't see it in his or her eyes?

After all, love had to be felt, not told. It was to be seen through the invisible patches of human nature, and touched with the sugary innocence of your soul.

Technology redefined Science, but they can never define Love.

"Why do you want to meet me?" he asked.

I stayed silent. Probably he knew the answer. I didn't want to say something that might enrage him.

He remained quite for a few more seconds, and then said, "Ok. Come to my office within an hour."

"Thanks Uncle. I will be there," I replied, with relief.

The time to prove my love had arrived. I had to win her parents. I had to win her.

I had to get my love back, and give her the love she deserved. I disconnected the call and went to take a bath. I got ready in a jiffy, and combed my hair neatly. The next hour was going to be the most crucial hour of my life.

Mission Dad had begun !


Chapter 10




13 comments:

  1. Omg! This is one of the amazing story I have ever read, seriously, its better than any of the writers I have read.
    "After all, love had to be felt, not told. It was to be seen through the invisible patches of human nature, and touched with the sugary innocence of your soul.

    Technology redefined Science, but they can never define love."
    I love love love this. Its terribly fantastic. You are a great writer. I guess you already know that. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dark Angel ... I am not a writer ... I just try to portray my thoughts in words, that's it ... learning a lot in this blogger land, thanks to great bloggers like you all :-)

      Delete
  2. I love how you have approached this..opening with the verse..almost like we can hear his thoughts as well as knowing what is happening in the 'real' world around him..jae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sentiments can't be conveyed over wires.

    This is almost poetry and true. The not seeing each other loses something important--tangible. I am enjoying the story, because I like see a love story written through man's eyes. Most women probably do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops bad sentence structure. Sorry the line is almost poetic and it is a truth, as well :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "i wish i can count the leaves " somethn that want too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And here it comes.... I can't wait to see what happens!! I hope he can convince him!! Fingers crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mission Dad can be the challenge of all challenges!

    ReplyDelete